Many people think about cosmetic surgeons when dermal fillers are brought up, but dentists also use these materials to address various dental issues. These fillers can be used to improve the way the structures around your mouth, like your chin, jaw, and lips, look. They help to get rid of signs of aging that build…
Juvederm: What Is a Dermal Filler?
Men and women who seek to add volume to lips and skin or correct wrinkles and lines that result from aging can use a dermal filler like Juvederm® to achieve temporary, fast-acting results without the need of surgery. These injectable solutions can help individuals achieve a more youthful appearance or address a variety of issues depending on the brand and type of compound used.
Dermal fillers help enhance the appearance of the face by injecting certain substances and compounds into the skin or lips. The process normally takes about 20 to 60 minutes, and patients often notice results as soon as the procedure is over. While considered a noninvasive alternative to surgery, this procedure must still be done by a healthcare professional such as a medspa doctor or plastic surgeon.
There are several common types of dermal fillers available to patients:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: A mineral-like compound naturally occurring in human bones, this substance is produced biosynthetically and used to address check volume loss, folds, lines and facial wasting due to some types of medications.
- Polyalkylimide: This type of filler is designed to be longer-lasting than some other fillers. It works by injecting a gel into certain areas that is then completely surrounded by a layer of collagen.
- Hyaluronic acid: Naturally found in soft connective tissues, around the eyes, in the skin, cartilage and joints, this popular type of filler can help in a wide variety of improvements.
- Polylactic acid: Unlike other fillers that often produce immediate results, this slow-acting synthetic filler stimulates the production of collagen in the body.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres: Used to address deep wrinkles, pitted scars and thinning lips, this semi-permanent filler is administered via injection combined with both threading and tunneling methods.
One popular type of hyaluronic acid filler available to patients is Juvederm® by Allergen. There are five products in the collection used to treat either the cheeks, facial lines or lips. This type of filler is FDA-approved for patients over the age of 21 and provides results for up to a year or two years depending on the exact product used. There are a few possible side effects, including irritation, that the patient might experience, and it is not recommended for people with a history of severe allergies.
Other treatment options
Dermal fillers are only one treatment option for patients who wish to address the appearance of wrinkles or add volume. For patients looking for a more permanent solution, surgical procedures such as facial implants or grafting are often used. There also minimally invasive skin resurfacing options such as medium-depth chemical peels, non-ablative laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion. Some patients opt for other treatments including Botox, collagen stimulation or topical creams.
Dermal fillers work by injecting substances into the skin to minimize lines and plump up the skin. Juvederm® is one type of filler that uses hyaluronic acid to achieve results. There are many other treatment options available, so patients should consult with a doctor to learn what solution is best for their needs.
Are you considering Juvederm® in the Brooklyn area? Get more information at https://mgdental.com.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Juvederm in Brooklyn, NY.
Cosmetic surgeons use dermal fillers to smoothen fine lines and even add youthful volume to facial skin. Yet, because of advances in cosmetic dentistry, you can get fillers with your smile makeover as well. Dermal fillers can help brighten your smile even more. If you want to find out how dentists use dermal fillers, here…
The use of the dermal filler Juvéderm® is getting increasingly popular. Continue reading to find out why you should visit the dentist for Juvéderm. If you are looking for a means to get rid of your wrinkles, crow’s feet, or laugh lines, a range of treatments are available that are less intrusive than surgery and…
Dermal fillers have always been used on the skin. With the latest innovations in dental care, dermal fillers can now improve oral health. Applying dermal fillers for teeth repair does not necessarily involve direct injections of these fillers into your teeth. Instead, it will involve injecting them into your teeth’s surrounding tissues. If you want…