Dermal FillersBrooklyn, NY
Dermal fillers can make a person appear more youthful, and they cost a lot less than a traditional facelift. Fillers can be used to address a variety of cosmetic issues like wrinkles, lines, and hollows. The results can last for over a year. A filler can be used to relax the muscles underneath a wrinkle or fill up a crease/line in the patient's skin. When it is applied to the area that needs work, it makes aging skin less noticeable and leaves the person looking younger. Dermal fillers are also used to plump and volumize the jawline, chin, lips, temples, and cheeks. Fillers can even be used to improve the appearance of saggy hands.
Common types of dermal fillers
The most common type of fillers used to address cosmetic issues and the signs of aging include:
- Hyaluronic acid: This chemical is naturally present in the connective tissues of a person’s skin and can be used to fill up wrinkles and fine lines. This filler type can also be used to augment a person’s lips and give them more volume.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This type of filler is often used to restore volume in a person’s cheeks, eliminate skin folds, and address deep wrinkles. It can also be used to contour the jawline. Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers tend to last longer than those containing hyaluronic acids – up to three years.
- Fat injections: A dermatologist might also decide to remove fat from one part of a patient’s body and use it to fill up another part. The fat is typically extracted with liposuction and injected into the area that needs more volume. The effects of this type of filler can be permanent, but it usually requires multiple injections and overfilling the area to make up for the body reabsorbing fat.
- Permanent soft tissue fillers: These are often used for deep wrinkles around the mouth. Because this filler can’t be absorbed by the body, patients can see more permanent results. This filler type is generally not recommended for those who are getting fillers for the first time.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers: This type of filler is great for people with HIV who have localized fat tissue loss as a symptom. These fillers are used to make up for the lost tissue, and the effects can last a couple of years.
What to expect when getting dermal fillers
Getting dermal fillers is a straightforward process. The doctor will typically numb the site of injection with a numbing agent, then inject the filler into the problematic area. The entire procedure usually takes less than an hour unless fat fillers are being used. The patient might experience some soreness for a couple of days, but that quickly goes away. The area that was worked on will feel like it normally does within a few days. With fillers, the patient gets instant results. Find out more about our dermal filler services and about how we can help you get your youthful look back.
In dentistry, a dental bridge is one of the popular options for closing the gap left by a lost or extracted tooth. Bridges are typically made up of crowns on the sides of the gap, which cover adjacent health teeth, called the abutment teeth. These teeth support the replacement teeth, which could be one or…
A dental restoration can restore, renew and even replace teeth that are in bad shape. They are often used to repair teeth that have been lost, decayed or even slightly damaged from a chip or a crown. However, with all dental restorations, comes the possibility that it may not work, which is why it is…
Many people are choosing laser dentistry options to correct gum conditions. Crooked, misshapen, and discolored teeth can ruin a smile. But gum problems can also make you feel self-conscious and want to avoid opening your mouth. Some gum issues can affect your oral health and overall wellness too. Instead of going to the periodontist's office…
Dental ridge preservation is a way to preserve the socket after a missing tooth develops. Dental implants require adequate bone support, and bone loss can occur after losing a tooth if the bone density is not preserved. This review offers insights into the purpose of dental ridge preservation as it relates to dental implants treatment. Ridge…
Dentures can give you a beautiful and healthy smile. However, even though dentures can last for many years, the appliances will eventually have to be replaced. But taking proper care of them can increase their life span. Read on to find out when your dentist may have to repair or replace your dentures.Dentures offer a…