Dermal FillersBrooklyn, NY
Dermal fillers can make a person appear more youthful, and they cost a lot less than a traditional facelift. Fillers can be used to address a variety of cosmetic issues like wrinkles, lines, and hollows. The results can last for over a year. A filler can be used to relax the muscles underneath a wrinkle or fill up a crease/line in the patient's skin. When it is applied to the area that needs work, it makes aging skin less noticeable and leaves the person looking younger. Dermal fillers are also used to plump and volumize the jawline, chin, lips, temples, and cheeks. Fillers can even be used to improve the appearance of saggy hands.
Common types of dermal fillers
The most common type of fillers used to address cosmetic issues and the signs of aging include:
- Hyaluronic acid: This chemical is naturally present in the connective tissues of a person’s skin and can be used to fill up wrinkles and fine lines. This filler type can also be used to augment a person’s lips and give them more volume.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This type of filler is often used to restore volume in a person’s cheeks, eliminate skin folds, and address deep wrinkles. It can also be used to contour the jawline. Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers tend to last longer than those containing hyaluronic acids – up to three years.
- Fat injections: A dermatologist might also decide to remove fat from one part of a patient’s body and use it to fill up another part. The fat is typically extracted with liposuction and injected into the area that needs more volume. The effects of this type of filler can be permanent, but it usually requires multiple injections and overfilling the area to make up for the body reabsorbing fat.
- Permanent soft tissue fillers: These are often used for deep wrinkles around the mouth. Because this filler can’t be absorbed by the body, patients can see more permanent results. This filler type is generally not recommended for those who are getting fillers for the first time.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers: This type of filler is great for people with HIV who have localized fat tissue loss as a symptom. These fillers are used to make up for the lost tissue, and the effects can last a couple of years.
What to expect when getting dermal fillers
Getting dermal fillers is a straightforward process. The doctor will typically numb the site of injection with a numbing agent, then inject the filler into the problematic area. The entire procedure usually takes less than an hour unless fat fillers are being used. The patient might experience some soreness for a couple of days, but that quickly goes away. The area that was worked on will feel like it normally does within a few days. With fillers, the patient gets instant results. Find out more about our dermal filler services and about how we can help you get your youthful look back.
Direct and indirect dental restorations are the two types of restorations available. When your teeth are broken, chipped, decayed or cracked, dental restoration procedures restore the teeth to their original state. The choice of the type of restoration depends on the nature and severity of the tooth problem.Read on to find out the main differences…
Dentists use dermal fillers on their patients if the goal is to have a full smile makeover. You can be sure that your injections will be accurate. Esthetic dentistry has a variety of dermal fillers based on your needs. The choice of fillers also depends on the location of the injection site. If you want…
Wondering whether you should choose dental bonding services or dental contouring services to repair one or more issues with your teeth? These two popular cosmetic options both work to improve the way one looks when they smile. When it comes to which option someone should choose to improve their smile, read on for in-depth information.Thinking…
An emergency dentist can provide the treatment that you need when you find yourself dealing with a loose tooth. A loose tooth is just one step away from falling out of its socket, so it requires emergency dental care.Lost adult teeth that fall out need to be quickly replaced to avoid issues that often come…
Tooth extraction can be frightening, but it is often necessary in order to keep a healthy mouth. There are a few important things to note about what comes after a tooth extraction, whether it be recovery or replacing the extracted tooth. In this article, we go over tooth extractions and what comes afterward. If you have…